There are two major concerns in the growing Indian kids. Recent scientific data suggests that India is high in micronutrient (Vitamins & Minerals) deficiency, specially in children. So much so that the IAP (Indian Academy of pediatric) & ICMR have suggested
- IRON SUPPLEMENT FOR 100 DAYS/YEAR (3 MONTHS)
- VITAMIN D TO BE GIVEN TWICE A YEAR FOR 3 MONTHS
The question is why are Iron & Vitamin D most important?
IRON - Iron plays a big role in growth & optimum body function. let's focus on its key roles in growing kids
- Transfer oxygen. With help of haemoglobin, it helps carry oxygen to all the muscles and ligaments & every corner of body for proper functioning
- Convert Sugar to energy to maintain stamina & prevent fatigue
- Boosts immune system to fight infections
- Promotes Cognitive Brain Development in children
- Supports Healthy skin, hair & nails
Reasons for high Iron deficiency in Indian population are many, most important ones are vegetarian diet, unhealthy junk food & lack of fortified food or supplementation.
Vegetarian diet is severely lacking in Iron and Vitamin B12. India supports a huge vegetarian population, which can be a big deterrent.
Anaemic or iron deficient kids will look pale, irritable, lacking in stamina, have poor appetite, slow growth, have frequent infections & sluggish brain functions
Solution - Rectify the diet as far as possible & add a good Iron supplement for 3 months every year
Most of us know that this vitamin strengthens bones & muscles. But do you know it is important for boosting immunity, elevating mood & regulating calcium & phosphorous levels in body? It's deficiency can lead to slow growth bone deformity in children called RICKETS
Reason for this is inadequate sunlight exposure. That is why Vitamin D supplementation is very important in kids.
Chubears IRON & STRONG BONES are gummy vitamins that have been created by doctors using latest JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY